Westtown Dental Care offers braces to our patients in Chester County, West Chester, PA, and the surrounding areas. We use this highly traditional and popular method to correct and straighten the teeth of both children and adults. Although childhood is the ideal time for them, they are beneficial at any age for patients with orthodontic problems. Children and adults can benefit from this treatment and get that beautiful smile they’ve always wanted. We want to provide you with a healthy mouth to make not only your teeth and smile bright but also to make your future bright.
Common reasons people need braces
Only a dentist or an orthodontist can determine if you need braces for sure, but you’ll probably be able to see the signs that you or a loved one needs them. Straightening or correcting you or your child’s teeth can be one of the best choices you’ll ever make. Not only will they contribute to a more brilliant smile, but they will also provide a better functioning and healthier mouth. Some common reasons why people need this treatment include:
- Overbite - When the upper teeth cover the bottom teeth excessively.
- Underbite - When the lower jaw extends out in front on the upper jaw, and the lower teeth end up in front of the upper teeth.
- Spacing problem - This may occur from missing teeth, proportionally small teeth, or tooth and jaw discrepancies.
- Teeth crowding - When teeth do not have enough room to break out from the gum.
- Openbite - When the upper and lower front teeth do not overlap.
- Crossbite - When the upper and lower teeth are too wide or too narrow relative to one another.
The Benefits of Braces
Of course, braces give you a beautiful and impressive smile. That’s probably why you or your child would like them. But did you know that they also provide many other (typically unseen) benefits? A few of the advantages provided by this orthodontic treatment include straighter teeth, a more effective bite, and may even help some speak better. Straighter teeth not only look better but are much easier to brush and floss, which reduces the possibility of cavities and gum disease. They are also less prone to injury because they are better-protected in your mouth.
There are treatments other than braces that will also give you a happy and healthy mouth. You can look at dental implants in Glen Mills, PA, and other local areas if you are missing teeth, or you can consider an Invisalign dentist in Glen Mills, PA if you’d rather use a clear aligner for teeth straightening. If you live in Chester County, West Chester, PA, and the surrounding areas, rely on Westtown Dental Care for a smile that can light up a room!